Stranded / Malorie




⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Stranded Stuart James 

297 Pages                                                          Thriller/Mystery                                              Published on 19 October 2020

What could be more innocent than going on holiday?
As a family drive along a quiet country lane on their way to the airport, they meet a stranger standing alone in the middle of the road. Steering them along another path, he tells the driver, Ben, that a tree has fallen and there's no way through. But as they make their way along the diverted route, they come across a coach blocking the road. Getting out of the car Ben goes to investigate and is horrified to find the passengers tied to their seats. Then a discarded phone starts to ring…

If Ben calls the police, everyone on board will die.
The caller is about to start the horrific game...

My Thoughts:

When I spotted that Stuart James, winner of International Book Award for The House On Rectory Lane in the Horror category had a new book released I just knew I wanted to read his new book Stranded during October. I really enjoyed The House On Rectory Lane and Apartment Six so I had high hopes for this book, I was not disappointed!
I think it was a unique and ambitious concept and happy to say, it was very well executed.
Ben and his family are going on holiday, they are diverted onto a dark road late at night, and then come across an abandoned bus, the passengers are tied up and gagged. From there a few storylines develop and I enjoyed watching the whole plot fit together.
I have no idea how the author came up with so many great ideas, some of which had me sit bolt upright and say "what" out loud!!
I really enjoyed this book, and look forward to reading more books by Stuart James in the future.
 

Thank You to Stuart James and Bloodhound Books for the advanced copy of this book

******************************************************************************

Malorie (Bird Box 2) Josh Malerman    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐                                                                           

236 Pages                                                                                                                                      Published 21 July 2020                                                                                                              Mystery/Horror 

 In the old world there were many rules.

In the new world there is only one that matters: don't open your eyes.

In the seventeen years since the 'creatures' appeared, many people have broken that rule. Many have looked. Many have lost their minds, their lives, their loved ones.

In that time, Malorie has raised her two children - Olympia and Tom - on the run or in hiding. Now nearly teenagers, survival is no longer enough. They want freedom.

When a census-taker stops by their refuge, he is not welcome. But he leaves a list of names - of survivors building a future beyond the darkness - and on that list are two names Malorie knows.

Two names for whom she'll break every rule, and take her children across the wilderness, in the hope of becoming a family again...

My Thoughts:

 I hadn't read Bird Box when I got this book, so I read Bird Box, then went straight into Malorie. I read both books in 4 days. I rarely if ever read two books by one author back to back and never read two from a series together.

I don't tend to read much dystopian type books and when I started Bird Box I thought I was out of my comfort zone, I was wrong! I loved both books and was hooked from the start.
I had this whole book playing like a movie in my head and I was willing the characters on. I was so invested in their story.
I am so glad I was able to read both together so I could follow their story.

If you enjoyed Bird Box then this book is a must read!!  

Thank you to Josh Malerman and Orion Publishing for the advanced reader copy of this book.                                             

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment