Always a Guest

 

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Barbara Taylor Brown

Christian/Religion & Spirituality

256 pages

Published October 20, 2020 by Westminster John Knox Press

From beloved writer and renowned preacher Barbara Brown Taylor comes a new collection of stories and sermons of faith, grace, and hope. Taylor, author of the best-selling books Holy Envy and An Altar in the World, among others, finds that when you are the invited guest speaking of faith to people you don't know, one must seek common ground: exploring the central human experience. Full of Taylor's astute observations on the Spirit and the state of the world along with her gentle wit, this collection will inspire Taylor's fans and preachers alike as she explores faith in all its beauty and complexity. 

My thoughts:
Barbara Brown Taylor is a new author to me, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I’m always looking for uplifting books with a positive message. This book checked those boxes!!

Inside, you will find a collection of thirty-one sermons delivered by Taylor in her role as a guest preacher.  I really enjoyed reading a chapter (sermon) each morning with my coffee.  It was an excellent way to start the day!  

Some of her sermons really hit home for me and the message was strong.  I found myself wishing that those sermons were longer or more in depth.  I could listen to her sermons all day long!!

I will be reading more of Barbara Brown Taylor's work and I would recommend this book for anyone needing a dose of inspiration.  They were perfect messages to add some joy during an otherwise difficult 2020.

Thank you NetGalley and Westminster John Knox Press for providing me an Advanced Reader Copy of Always a Guest in exchange for my unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment