Beautiful Salads: Delicious Organic Salads and Dressings for Every Season



⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Pam Powell

Cooking, Food & Wine

160 pages

Published October 5, 2020 by Voyageur Press


Pam Powell, owner of Salad Girl Organic Dressings (saladgirl.com), shares her best 140 seasonal salad and dressing recipes loaded with fresh organic greens, cheeses, nuts, and fruits.

With more than 70 vibrant salad recipes and more than 70 dressings to go with them, Beautiful Salads is your guide to making and eating healthy, organic, seasonal salads all year long. After a chapter on salad basics, make and enjoy these and more seasonally organized salads:

Grilled Spring Lamb Chop with Arugula Salad (Spring)

Pea Sprout and Strawberry Salad (Spring)

Nectarine and Nasturtium Salad (Summer)

Grilled Wild Salmon and Red Raspberry Salad (Summer)

Orchard Apple and Green Kale Chopped Salad (Autumn)

Kale, Sausage, and Potato Salad (Autumn)

Roots and Fruits Midwinter Salad (Winter)

Dried Fig and Cara Cara Orange Salad (Winter)

Complete with a resource guide and 60+ gorgeous color photos, Beautiful Salads is your guide to making healthy, delicious salads through every season of the year!


My thoughts:

Beautiful Salads by Pam Powell is a beautifully dedicated salad book! I tend to like having a go-to book for salads. Most of the recipes have a gorgeous colored photograph which makes you want to try them all!!! The author also has her own website at www.saladgirl.com. On her website, Pam shares a lot of recipes and you can also order some of her dressings! I think these would be great Christmas presents for the guy/gal that has everything!!

The recipes are organized by season which I liked because the ingredients called for is currently available in stores. Most salads have their own dressings and I liked the variety provided and the ease of making. The author explains each type of lettuce that is called for in the recipes and I learned about a few I've never heard of before!

The recipe I decided to start with is called Memorial Day Quinoa Salad and it was bursting with flavor and easy to put together. The only ingredient I had to buy was the cherries because I didn't have them on hand. If all the recipes are this good, I know I’ll be serving more salads to my family in the future. Overall, I really liked this cookbook and would recommend it to any salad lover!

Thank you to NetGalley and VoyageurPress for providing me an Advanced Reader Copy of #BeautifulSalads in exchange for my unbiased review.



2 comments:

  1. What a lovely book! I always feel so uninspired when trying to put a salad together. This might be one I need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to check this out! We eat a lot of salads and I'd love to try some new ones.

    ReplyDelete